Growing up in southern Arizona I was exposed to Hispanic culture everywhere I went. From the traditions to the food, and I feel in love. My husband jokes with me all the time that I would eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I must say that isn’t too far off from the truth. I have never had that big sweet tooth that most people have. I am one of the few women who doesn’t like chocolate. However, I do love any candy that is spicy and sweet. If it is made with Tamarind I am all over it. Now this is just my top 5 but there is a lot more I will share over time. Next time you see these products in the store maybe take a leap and try them out. You never know what you will like!
- Pica Fresa – Strawberry gumballs that are rolled into a crimson spice confection
- Baby Lucas Candy [Mango] – Sweet and sour mango powder*
- Salsaghetti – Hot watermelon candy straws and Gusano tamarind sauce
- Lucas Gusano – Candy chamoy pulp
- Vero Rellerindos Chili Filled Tamarind – Tamarind flavored hard candies are filled with a soft and spicy chili candy
* I love to add mango Lucas on Hot Cheetos! It will stick to the Cheetos and give you a wonderful spicy sweet snack.