Hello beautiful people and happy Thursday! Tomorrow is Friday, who is excited?
Today I wanted to share a little about what makes me who I am. I am a newer blog and figured what better way to get acquainted with my readers than to share some things about myself. We all have our own little traits we picked up along this crazy beautiful life we’ve led. So why not embrace those and let them be known! So here we go
– Born in Texas and raised in Arizona
– Meet my soul mate in 2011 and married in 2013. Marriage is the second hardest and most rewarding thing I have done, only behind raising kids. I am constantly looking for ways to improve our marriage and finding us new ways to connect.
– Tacos are my weakness. I will eat them anytime any day. If you want to get on my good side invite me out for tacos and we will be best friends.
– Three wonderful children call me mom and they are my biggest enjoyment and headache.
– My biggest dream right now is to be a homeowner. I can’t wait for the process of buying a house even if everyone tells me it’s a nightmare. I dream about how we will decorate our house and fill it with our memories. I can’t wait to finally have a place to call ours.
– Summer nights are my favorite. I don’t care that I am almost 30, give me a warm summer night and a good song on the radio. I will drive around and forget the rest of the world exist. The fact we live right next to the farm fields makes those drives even better.
– Growing up in Arizona I never really thought about how beautiful all the different all the cacti were, until we moved way. We moved to another part of the state up in the mountains and I missed my cactus. When we moved back down into the desert I knew this we where I belonged.
– Hair is amazing and I am a licensed cosmetologist. There is so much you can do the possibilities are endless. Nothing beats the feeling of helping someone feel better about themselves. That is the biggest reward you get being a hair stylist.
– Plus size, ugh I really hate that term but yes, I am plus size. I have never been skinny in my life. It took me most of my life to feel comfortable in my own skin but I accept who I am. I would be lying if I said I didn’t wish I was skinnier. I know that I need to make that decision when the time is right for me and one day it will be.
– Baby wearing is my newest mommy hood hobby. I was young when I had my oldest and didn’t know what I know now. When my second came along I found baby carriers and never looked back. I found Tula and loved that I was able to go both front and back carry. Now that I have three kids I do go anywhere without my Tula. Any chance I have I use that baby. It is a lifesaver.
– We are all lovers of everything Disney here. What kid doesn’t love Disney? I love Disney anything and the fact we live so close to Disneyland is amazing.
– Halloween is my favorite holiday. I am not a fan of haunted anything or scary anything. I love that it is the one night you get to dress up and be anyone you want. I enjoyment on my kids’ faces when they are picking out a costume and the anticipation to wear them warms my heart. Decorations are amazing and one of my favorite but I always make sure to keep everything we put up kid friendly.
– Cooking is not my specialty but in time I have tried to change that. My husband has an obsession with Rachael Ray so we are subscribed to her magazine. She has these shortcut suppers that have saved my life. They are so quick and easy to do and I know that my husband will like every one of them. I am also a big crock pot cooker because in the summer in Arizona you don’t want to warm up your house.
– I love journaling. It is the easiest way to get my feeling out on paper. I always feel better once I get my feeling down and it allows me to think about what is causing them. I always try to make sure that I start my days off on a clean slate. There is something about writing things down to me that helps get it out.
– I recently took on learning calligraphy. I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me, and of course I will share my journey with you guys.
– I love a house that smells good and clean. I am not always the best at keeping everything clean but I try my hardest. Keeping the house clean is always a struggle with three little ones at home. Something about a clean house makes me feel calm.
– I recently got back into finding my path in this world. I lost parts of myself after having kids but I’m changing that now. I no longer feel guilty going out for a girl’s night. I make sure me and my husband have time to go on dates, kid free. I also make sure we have our time together as a family and enjoy each other’s company. Family is everything to me and it always comes first.
I hope you enjoyed learning a few things about me. In today’s world of social media, you never know what the full story it. I try to be an open book to people because honestly is the best policy. Let’s get to know each other, send me an email or message and we can get to know each other. I love getting to know people.